In a world where more and more people are turning to the internet for answers, EdTech companies have a unique opportunity to help students succeed. Educational technology (EdTech) is a growing industry. In fact, it is expected to grow from the current $3.3 billion market to a $7 trillion market in the next 15 years! Choosing the right promotional strategy for your EdTech startup can be challenging.
There are many different ways to market your EdTech business. From networking events, blogger outreach, email marketing and more. Although online learning is increasing year over year, it’s still a tiny fraction of the overall market. To build your EdTech business, you’ll have to do some serious work promoting yourself and building up your brand. While it might seem simple enough, a lot of thought goes into promoting your EdTech company. Everyone has their promotion methods, but it’s often hard to tell what works. More and more EdTech companies want to get their products and services in front of students, teachers, and parents who are in need.
Because so many people are vying for attention, how do you ensure you receive all of it?
Whether you are trying to market and sell your EdTech company or are just trying to figure out how to market it, there are some strategies you could use. I know that it can be a challenge to start marketing your business. But with the help of this article, you’ll have a clearer idea of what strategies you can use and tips on how to do them.
Check out these nine proven strategies that you can use to promote your EdTech company.
1. Make Sure You Have A Great Website
Make sure you have a great website to promote your EdTech business. Your website will be the first thing people see when they decide to check out what you do, and it will be the last thing they connect with when they leave. It should give people a good idea of what you do and where your business is headed in the future. If a visitor can’t get that from your website, there’s something wrong with it, and you need to fix it immediately. A good website should encourage potential customers to sign up for your email list by adding an “Email me about this!” button on every page(More on this later in the blog).
It would be best to have social media links on your site to spread the word about your business as efficiently as possible.Getting people through the door needs to be designed well, offer valuable content, and be easy to navigate. If you’re trying to build a successful EdTech business, you’ll want to do whatever you can to make your site stand out.
- Make Your Website Stand Out: Make sure your website is designed well with a clean layout, high-quality images and a professional appearance. You want potential customers to feel comfortable doing business with you.
- Offer Valuable Content: You don’t have to be a blogger to understand that content is king. In fact, many businesses are making significant strides by simply adding more content to blogs, articles and newsletters.
- Be Easy To Navigate: You might be tempted to try and show off everything your website has to offer on the homepage, but this will likely confuse visitors as they try and find what they’re looking for. Please keep it simple with an intuitive navigation menu that allows visitors to get around quickly.
2. Focus On Your Website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you’re looking to promote your EdTech company, you need to start with search engine optimization (SEO). When you create your website, you want it to be where people will spend time and enjoy it. You also want it to be accessible at the click of a button and easy to find. If you want your site to be easily found by those looking for it, you should focus on its Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
SEO is the process of getting your site ranked highly in search engine results. The way that search engines work is they try to rank pages based on how relevant they are to a specific query. The more relevant your page is to that query, the higher it will rank in the search engine results pages (SERPs). To optimize your site for search engines, you need to understand what keywords people use to find information about your product or service. You also need to know what keywords competitors are using to differentiate yourself from them. There are lots of tools out there that will help you do this. Google Keyword Planner is one good example, but there are others, such as Ahrefs and SEMrush.
SEO involves many different tactics, including:
- Creating website content that search engines can easily find.
- Creating backlinks to your site from other sites.
- Monitoring and responding to user feedback in real-time.
- Increasing your company’s social media presence.
Still, have no idea how to go about doing your SEO correctly?
Don’t worry; here’s a quick SEO worksheet for you.
3. Create A Blog That’s Useful To Your Audience
When operating in a niche, it can be easy to forget that not everyone has heard of you. In fact,
many people who are outside of your niche have never even heard of it!
Creating a blog is one of the best ways to promote your EdTech company and get your name there. The company blog is usually the first place people end up when they want to learn about your EdTech company. It’s essential to promote your site on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, but you should also spend time posting on sites like Reddit. This can help expose your blog to an entirely new audience interested in the subjects you cover.
You might also try reaching out to some of the larger firms in your industry or local schools and universities.Another great way to promote your blog is through guest blogging on other sites in your niche. Being active in forums or conversations with other professionals in your field can help bring new readers and clients to your blog. You might even consider running a contest where anyone who “likes” your page gets a chance at winning something special—this can bring new viewers and keep them coming back for more entries.
4. Get Social Media Right
With so many social media platforms, you need to choose the ones that best fit your company. For example, a company that sells vegan dog treats should probably be on Instagram and Pinterest, but not Twitter.
Similarly, you shouldn’t limit yourself to just one platform; you should use as many of them as possible. Social media is all about building your network and active on these sites. If you aren’t posting regularly and don’t have an engaged following, it’s time to start trying some new things.
After all, if no one sees your posts or tweets, they won’t come back. A lot of EdTech startups are using social media these days.
That’s great, but you need to make sure that you do it right.
Here are some strategies to help you become a social media pro:
- Use your company name as your social media handle (rather than your name)
- Make a list of key industry influencers and follow them.
- Create an event page on Facebook that will encourage interaction
- Host Google Hangouts in which people can discuss issues relevant to the EdTech industry
These are only a few pointers. Social media is vast and ever-evolving so try to keep up with the trends and ride the waves.
5. Leverage Email Marketing Campaigns
EdTech companies grow when people believe in them and spread the word to others. The most powerful way to do that is by getting your customers to tell their friends about you. Email marketing offers you this opportunity by allowing you to reach out directly to your customer base using the power of email.
Here are some proven strategies you can use to promote your EdTech Company with email marketing:
- If you’re a new business, offer a discount or coupon code exclusively for those who opt-in to receive emails from you.
- If a customer purchases a product or service from you, send them an email thanking them for their purchase and include an offer for another product or service that may interest them.
- If you have a birthday club, send an email with a special offer on their birthday (or the day before).
- Consider adding an RSS feed of your blog posts on your website’s homepage and then sending out an email whenever there’s a new post. This will keep customers informed about what’s going on in your company so they can continue spreading the positive word about the company.
6. Create A Top-Notch Product Demo Video
Designing a product demo video is one of the most critical steps in promoting your EdTech company. After all, you want potential customers to be able to see what you’re selling, and for them to buy it, you need to show them how it works. But creating a stellar product demo video is much easier said than done. In fact, many companies fail when it’s time to create one.
However, if you follow these tips, you can ensure that your product demo will impress customers and drive sales.
- Think about the purpose of your video.
- Create a script and storyboard.
- Hire a videographer and editor who can help you bring your vision to life.
- Keep in mind the importance of quality sound.
- Use high-quality graphics, but keep them simple.
- Choose white backgrounds whenever possible, and make sure there are no distracting objects on the screen.
- To make it easy for viewers to find what they need, organize your content into sections clearly labelled with subtitles.
7. Host An Event Or Conference To Boost Your Brand Awareness
If you’re an EdTech company looking to promote your brand, hosting an event or conference is one of the most effective ways to go about it.
For example, a recent survey of teachers found that 48% of them would be interested in attending a professional development event hosted by their favourite EdTech brand. The same survey found that 59% would be interested in attending a conference hosted by their favourite EdTech brand. And, if you’re trying to get the word out about your product to potential customers, you can do it all at once with a well-planned and executed event.
Here are some tips for hosting a successful event:
- Create A Keynote Speech That Is Relevant To Your Industry.
- Invite As Many People As Possible.
- Send Out Press Releases Before And After The Event.
- Use Social Media To Promote Your Event.
- Sure Everyone Benefits From Attending.
8. Use Video Marketing To Reach More Consumers
Video marketing is an incredible way to promote your EdTech company, reaching more consumers. The statistics speak for themselves:
- 71% of businesses are using video marketing (Kapost)
- 90% of people use the internet to watch videos (Statistic Brain)
- 65% of companies that use video marketing have a lead conversion rate of 10% or higher (Video Brewery)
Here are three proven strategies you can use to promote your EdTech company with video marketing:
Invest in professional video production - Your video will be the public’s first impression of your brand. Ensure that you invest in a high-quality production that effectively communicates your message. Don’t forget to include a call-to-action in your video so that viewers can quickly learn more about your EdTech company.
Create videos for every stage of the buyer’s journey – Create videos for different stages of the buyer’s journey, such as awareness, engagement, consideration and purchase. You can also create videos for other use cases, such as testimonials, how-tos, tutorials, or product demonstrations for specific target audiences or verticals.
Tie your video marketing campaign to an event – Use events like trade shows or conferences as opportunities to generate video content that will resonate with your target audience and bring you valuable visibility in front of prospective customers.
9. Promote Your Content Through Paid Advertising On Social Media Platforms And Search Engines
Paid advertising is a great way to promote your EdTech company and its content. Social media platforms and search engines are good places to advertise your content. Here are some ways you can use paid advertisements to promote your EdTech company:
- Create an advertisement for your blog posts, videos, and other content
- Make sure that you include links to the content in the ad itself.
- Pay for your advertisement with Google Adwords or Facebook Credits.
- Choose a video that has the highest view count of any of your videos and make an advertisement for it.
- Include links to all of your social media pages in the ad itself.
- Paying for this advertisement with Google Adwords or YouTube Credits.
Twitter Promoted Tweets
- Create a tweet (140 characters or less) promoting one of your blog posts, videos, or other types of content.
- Include a link to the content in the tweet and pay for it using Twitter’s promoted tweets service.
Sponsored Search Listings On Search Engines
- Choose a keyword related to the type of content you’re promoting and make a sponsored listing on search engines like Google and Bing.
- Include links to all of your social media accounts.
There are lots of ways to promote your EdTech company. I haven’t covered every possible option, and there may be some I’ve missed. These strategies are easy to implement and help marketing teams create a more cohesive and holistic approach to their efforts.
And while they may not suit every company, they provide a base of ideas that can be used to devise unique strategies for promoting your EdTech company. But these nine strategies should be enough to help you get started. Don’t be afraid to experiment with a strategy too! It’s often easier to tweak the process than it is to start from scratch. The most important thing is to figure out what works best for your business and keep it up over time. After all, marketing is an ongoing process—it never really stops!